- We act honestly
- Fraud, deception & dishonestyWe will not defraud or deceive anyone, act dishonestly or misuse company property or resources.
- False claimsWe will not claim for something we are not entitled to.
- Bribery & corruptionWe will not give or receive bribes or participate in corruption.
- Complete & accurate recordsWe ensure all financial and other reports and records are complete and accurate.
- Tax evasionWe do not facilitate tax evasion.
- We respect everyone
- Stakeholders & other third partiesWe want to be trusted by our stakeholders and other third parties, we treat our stakeholders and their staff with integrity and professionalism at all times.
- Developing our peopleWe are committed to helping people achieve their best.
- Equal opportunitiesWe treat everyone equally and embrace difference.
- Bullying, harassment & discriminationWe do not tolerate bullying, harassment or discrimination.
- Human rightsWe respect and protect human rights.
- The environmentWe care about the natural world and recognise our responsibility to work within environmental limits.
- CommunitiesWe respect the community around us.
- We make safety personal
- We support open and fair competition
- Open and fair competitionWe believe in open and fair competition and only seek competitive advantage through fair and lawful means.
- Gifts & hospitalityWe make sure gifts and hospitality are reasonable and don’t improperly influence a decision.
- Conflicts of interestWe avoid or manage situations where our actions could conflict with the interests of the company.
- Agents & representativesWe only use agents or representatives if we have to and they act to standards consistent with our Code.
- Public policy & political activityWe make sure any public policy and political activity is lawful and ethical and we do not participate directly in party political activities.
- Boycotts, sanctions & legal requirementsWe comply with all recognised boycotts and sanctions and all legal requirements for the proper import and export of goods and services.
- Charities & non-profit organisationsWe actively support and sponsor appropriate charities and other non-profit organisations.
- We do not misuse property or information
- Privacy & data protectionWe respect and protect everyone’s privacy and comply with all data protection laws.
- Confidential informationWe keep confidential information safe and make sure it never gets into the wrong hands.
- Inside informationInside information must not be used for insider trading, for our own or anyone else’s benefit.
- DisclosureWe disclose or communicate information about the company in a timely and accurate way, and we seek to inform and not mislead.
- Computer systemsCompany computer systems are for use at work. The company permits reasonable and appropriate personal use for non-work related purposes.
Our Code of Conduct
Do the right thing
At Balfour Beatty, we expect each and every one of us to always do the right thing and to challenge where others do not.
The Code of Conduct is not a set of rules and it cannot cover every possible situation. We are all required to use our best judgment in applying the principles of the Code and to demonstrate its spirit in everything that we do.
As well as setting out what is expected of everyone, the Code sets out where and how to seek guidance when the answer may not be clear. Do not let a question go unanswered and do not let unacceptable conduct go unchallenged. Balfour Beatty will always support you for doing the right thing.